Thursday, May 22, 2008

my conversation with Nate continued.....

then Nate goes on:

That is a good point. Connecting personal experiences can be
an enormously successful marketing tactic.

How do you think all of the thousands of people you pass
your cards out to connect with your artwork?

to which I reply:

that is a good question -

perhaps there will never be a way to specifically know the case or situation for each individual person that receives my business card - but in the case of my newest client who is very involved with the designing of clothes - the artwork that she found in my Imagekind galleries - definitely had left a positive impression on her such that it reinforced the recommendation that she had gotten from someone else to use me for photographing her clothes -

From this surprising result I can say that there must be as many different possible variations of connections or non connections with my art work as there are individuals who actually take my business card -

In fact what a person does with my card when they first receive it starts some type of relationship between my art work and then since I consider my "Self Portrait" to be as much one of my art images as any of my other images.





No comments: