Thursday, September 25, 2008

next step

every step of the way of my entire life has been a story or many little mini stories all stores up inside my mind - and yet the really need the images to go with the - for example - once I received that Brownie camera - the first ever photograph that I took with it - the absolute very first ever picture of all time for me - was a photograph of my Uncle Jack Arabian (who by the way was a TV Engineer with ABC (American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.) and who had shown me the early studios of ABC at 66th Street when he was stationed there and the place was literally a bunch of wires hanging out all over the place) while he was cooking shish kebab on a machine the he had invented - it had a mechanism where a motor turned the skewers holding the shish kebab pieces of meat by way of a bicycle chain -

An absolutely delicious sight to behold and to be photographing - actually that scene very often comes to mind whenever I photograph - no matter what the subject is or where I am - so in essence I am still that eight year old boy discovering and taking pictures with my new camera -

but after those first few shots - we went on to Atlantic City (that is before it was reopened more recently) and I got some shots of the Steel Peer and the people performing there - so right away a new and exciting world had been opened up for me to see and enjoy and to be amazed at and to capture in time with this new absolutely amazing tool -

and the new discoveries have never ceased to show up for me to capture -

such as this view of the Wrold Trade Center Twin Towers from atop of Trinity Church - the first time and view that I had ever seen of the them after their completion:

The World Trade Center Towers from Atop Trinity Church

No comments: