Saturday, February 9, 2008

Viewing my work on Imagekind and my main web site 575488trillion.com

It might take many months to look carefully and in depth at the art that is currently on display in the Galleries at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Museum of Modern Art and the same for many of the Galleries that have various rooms and shows on display at once but it would take entire lifetimes to really become familiar with everything in their complete collections on display and in storage both for the Museums and the Galleries especially since they continuously making new acquisitions all the time.
We as the viewing public are always subject to the curators' images of choice that they have deemed worthy of showing to the public at any particular moment in whateverever combinations to illustrate or demonstrate periods of work or different artists work or various artists' work and how they are related to each other.

In the case of my work in my Galleries here on Imagekind, you are simply looking at basically that which I have created in the last year (at this point in time) and my main website has mostly images from only over the past 7 years prior to last year and a great deal of my images from over the previous 42 years that have never been seen by anyone. So considering that there is now over 50 years of my work in existence I would expect that no one could simply sit down and in one visit to Imagekind and even begin to see a large part of a small fraction of my work which is presented here.

A simpler way of viewing might be to go to the blog indicated in my signature line here and look at the page with the latest posts and consider that a current exhibit, and while getting a closer look at those images you will also get a glimpse or a taste of some of the other images in other galleries in my Imagekind Collection because of the programing set-up that the Imagekind system has created for us and at that point you could very well avail yourself of a peak at any one of those other galleries by the means provided the system at that point as well.

I suppose there are an infinite number of ways to view my images by I hardly find it a valid complaint for someone to enter the Metropolitan Museum of Art and proclaim that there was too much there for them to view and that they did not have a chance to see everything when they have alloted only even one whole day to the Adventure - I have been traveling through that Museums Galleries for years and I am sure I have not even touched the surface when it comes to viewing and really studying the vast number of works that makes up that entire Museum's accumulated body of work!

No comments: